Landing Page Optimization
So your website is on the first page of your relevant keywords but for some reason, you are not converting clicks into clients. You might need usability integrated into your website and more specifically Landing Page Optimization (LPO) that need call to actions, E.A.T and clickable selling points visible in optimum positions.
Landing Page Optimization Guidelines
Here are some fundamental guidelines:
- Consistency Ensure your website has a consistent user experience (UX) from branding guidelines to positions of social media modules to contact forms. Consistent branding, layout and theme helps gain users trust.
- Clarity – use fonts that are easy to read, ensure spacing between fonts. Half of your traffic comes from mobile screens so make sure that your landing pages work for both mobile and desktop
- Light Backgrounds – (unless your website has a lot of video/photos) its difficult for Users to read light text on dark backgrounds, make it easier by using the text book as an example. Light backgrounds and dark text is what our eyes are accustomed to.
- “Show-off” in quotes – make sure you put awards, recognitions, or just thumbs up testimonials of your clients in very visible positions of your website. This is ensure that Users will think that you can do whatever it is that you are claiming without actually showing-off. This is particularly be important if you are selling a services. ie. Check out what our clients are saying about us!
- Focus! – make sure your website does not confuse your users. Don’t distract the user from the buying experience.